Mt. Danglay, the Climb Itinerary
Mt. Danglay has been a dream climb of mine for as long as I can remember. She sits right across the Cantabato Bay which divides the two islands of Leyte and Samar. For the most part, she’s hard to miss. Sometime 2015, I finally had the pleasure of finally climbing her. I hope this itinerary and tidbits of additional information would be helpful to locals and visitors alike.
MT. DANGLAY CLIMB ITINERARY (via Sitio Calbang)
0700 Meetup at New Bus Terminal at Abucay
0800 ETA Sitio Calbang Meetup with local guide
0830 Start Trek
1300 Back to jumpoff
Sidetrip to Danglay Falls
1500 Back to Sitio Calbang
ETD for Tacloban City
1600 ETA Tacloban City
Climb socials (I suggest asking the local tricycle drivers for suggestions)
• New Bus Terminal – Sitio Calbang (via jeepney): Php25
• Sitio Calbang – Tacloban City (via bus): Php30
• Fares may vary depending on type of transportation.
• An alternative to departing from the New Bus Terminal is via the bangca’s from the Tacloban Port. They cost around Php15. Upon arriving at the Basey Port, you can then take a tricycle to Sitio Calbang.
• A sidetrip alternative to Danglay Falls is one of the beaches at Basey. Feel free to inquire with your guide.
• Lolibeth Simborio: 09083343656.